Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located 6.14 km NNE of Manners Sutton
: Manners Sutton Parish
, York County
: in 1837 Harvey consisted of 26 families and several single men from Wooler, Scotland who arrived on the "Cornelius of Sunderland" and who originally intended to settle in Stanley
, which was a New Brunswick and Nova Scotia Land Company settlement: in 1866 Harvey was a farming community with about 120 resident families, including 5 Cockburn, 6 Little, 6 Nesbit and 6 Piercy families: PO Harvey Station
from 1870: in 1898 Harvey was a station on the Canadian Pacific Railway and a settlement with 1 post office, 5 stores, 2 hotels, 3 churches and a population of 250: Harvey was incorporated as a village in 1966.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.