Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located 6.12 km NNW of Coal Branch
: Harcourt Parish
, Kent County
: Adamsville was established in 1879 following the adoption of the Free Grants Act and named for Michael Adams (1845-1899), the surveyor-general of New Brunswick and Member of the Legislative Assembly for Northumberland-Miramichi: PO 1886-1970: in 1898 Adamsville was a station on the Intercolonial Railway and a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 1 church and a population of 175.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.