GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick
comment Beginning September 2, 2014, the business hours of the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick will be : Monday to Saturday : 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search    

Exhibit Home | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions


arrow McDonald Corner
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Bibliography
Located on W side of the Washademoak Lake, 7.76 km E of Lower Jemseg: Cambridge Parish, Queens County: Alexander McDonald, Lewis McDonald and John McDonald all settled here about 1818: PO McDonald's Corner 1860-1915 with Lewis McDonald as first postmaster: in 1866 McDonald's Corner was a farming settlement with approximately 50 families, including the families of Allan McDonald, Charles McDonald, James McDonald, John McDonald, Joseph McDonald, and Lewis McDonald: in 1871 it had a population of 100: in 1898 McDonald Corner had 1 post office, 1 store, 1 sawmill, 1 church and a population of 100: McDonald Corner became part of Cambridge-Narrows.

Latitude : 45° 47'

Longitude : 66° 0'

County : Queens

Parish : Cambridge

County location in province
---
Queens

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Queens

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM139-2445
or download the full size version.
3788x2728
2.8 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Cherry Hill 3.18 306° NW
Akerly 3.18 54° NE
Clark Town 3.93 161° SSE
Lewis Cove 4.3 116° ESE
Lewis Settlement 4.3 116° ESE
Lewistown 4.3 116° ESE
Big Cove 4.3 116° ESE
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.