GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search   

home Introduction |  home Alphabetical Listing |  home County Listing |  home Indexes |  home Definitions


arrow McKinley Ferry
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Images
Located on W side of the St. John River, 14.18 km W of Fredericton and 3.71 km N of Kingsclear First Nation, Pilick: Kingsclear Parish, York County: was also called Burgoins Ferry in 1817, then Crocks Point Ferry, then Lunts Ferry for E.C. Lunt, who settled here in 1870.

Latitude : 45° 58'

Longitude : 66° 50'

County : York

Parish : Kingsclear

County location in province
---
York

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
York

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM126-2476
or download the full size version.
3805 x 2776 - 2.7 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
McGinley 1.29 270° W
McKeens Corner 1.29 270° W
McKinley 1.29 270° W
Crocks Point 1.29 90° E
Lower French Village 1.85 180° S
French Village 1.85 180° S
Rockland 2.26 35° NE
Island View 2.58 90° E
Central Keswick Ridge 2.58 270° W
Keswick 3.71 0° N
Mouth of Keswick 3.71 0° N
Macnaquac 3.71 180° S
Kingsclear First Nation, Pilick 3.71 180° S
Sugar Island 4.29 64° ENE
Mactaquac 4.29 244° WSW
Macinquac 4.29 244° WSW
Central Kingsclear 4.52 215° SW
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.


4.10.0