Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located on N side of the Southwest Miramichi River, 5.31 km NE of Bryenton
, on the road to Lower Derby
: Derby Parish
, Northumberland County
: Walter Miller, John Miller and James Miller set up a bark extracting factory here about 1880: formerly called New Milford: PO Millerton
from 1881 with John C. Miller as first postmaster: in 1898 Millerton was a station on the Intercolonial Railway and a farming, fishing and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 3 stores, 1 hotel, 1 hemlock bark extract factory, 2 churches and a population of 200: included Derby
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.