Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on Brothers Cove, 5.39 km NW of Saint John
: St. John County
: named for Thomas Millidge (1776-1838), merchant, magistrate and Member of the Legislative Assembly of New Brunswick, and Thomas Edward Millidge (1814-1894) who was a shipbuilder for 33 years: PO 1864-1963: in 1866 Millidgeville was a farming, lumbering and shipbuilding community with about 40 families: in 1871 it had a population of 300: in 1898 Millidgeville had 1 post office, 4 stores, 1 hotel, 1 church, 1 hall, 1 sawmill and a population of 350: Millidgeville is now within the city of Saint John.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
4912 x 3485 - 3.5 mb