GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search    

Exhibit Home | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions


arrow Rogersville
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Images
Bibliography
Located 12.71 km W of Acadieville, on the road to North Rogersville: Rogersville Parish, Northumberland County: settled in 1874 and named for James Rogers (1826-1903), first Roman Catholic bishop of Chatham from 1860-1902: included the community of Forest Station: PO Forest Station 1876-1877: also included the community of Carleton Station: PO Carleton Station 1877-1884: ("On Monday 12th inst. the name of Carleton Station, was changed to Rogersville." Chignecto Post, Sackville, June 8, 1882): PO Rogersville from 1884: in 1898 Rogersville was a station on the Intercolonial Railway and a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 8 stores, 2 hotels, 2 sawmills, 1 grist mill, 1 woodworking factory, 1 church and a population of 500: Rogersville was incorporated as a village in 1966: a Trappist monastery was founded here in 1902.

Latitude : 46° 44'

Longitude : 65° 26'

County : Northumberland

Parish : Rogersville

County location in province
---
Northumberland

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Northumberland

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM079-3379
or download the full size version.
3609x2762
2.7 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Pleasant Ridge 2.54 270° W
Val-St-Patrice 2.54 270° W
Saint-Athanase 3.15 126° SE
Sainte-Thérèse 3.15 234° SW
Sapin-Court 3.15 234° SW
North Rogersville 3.92 341° NNW
East Rogersville 4.5 34° NE
Shediac Ridge 4.5 34° NE
Rogersville 4.5 34° NE
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.