GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search    

Exhibit Home | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions


arrow St. Charles
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Located on the Aldouane River, 9.1 km WSW of Richibucto and 3.92 km SSW of Lower Saint-Charles: Saint-Charles Parish, Kent County: settled about 1790: PO Aldouane 1873-1902: PO St. Charles 1902-1970: (the two post offices exchanged names on October 1, 1902; St. Charles became Aldouane and Aldouane became St. Charles): in 1898 St. Charles was a farming settlement with a population of 200.

Latitude : 46° 40'

Longitude : 64° 59'

County : Kent

Parish : Saint-Charles

County location in province
---
Kent

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Kent

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM080-3477
or download the full size version.
3671x2774
2.5 mb

+ Zoom in
GM089-3477
or download the full size version.
3606x2742
2.7 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Saint-Charles Station 2.25 146° SE
Lower Saint-Charles 3.92 19° NNE
Saint-Charles-Nord 4.24 244° WSW
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.