GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search   

home Introduction |  home Alphabetical Listing |  home County Listing |  home Indexes |  home Definitions


arrow Saint-Grégoire
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Bibliography
Located on the South West Branch of the Nicholas River, 3.92 km SSW of Saint-François-de-Kent: Wellington Parish, Kent County: first called Dohertys Mills: PO Dohertys Mills 1857-1892 with William Doherty as the first postmaster: in 1871 Doherty's Mills had a population of 200: renamed in 1892: PO St-Grégoire 1892-1955: in 1898 Saint-Grégoire was a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 3 stores, 1 sawmill, 1 grist mill, 1 church and a population of 200.

Latitude : 46° 25'

Longitude : 64° 42'

County : Kent

Parish : Wellington

County location in province
---
Kent

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Kent

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM100-3499
or download the full size version.
3616 x 2749 - 2.1 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
McKees Mills 2.56 270° W
Ward Corner 2.56 90° E
Saint-David 3.84 270° W
Saint-François-de-Kent 3.92 19° NNE
Little Buctouche River 3.92 19° NNE
Dixon's Point 3.92 19° NNE
Després-Village 4.26 116° ESE
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.


4.9.2