Service New Brunswick
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick
Exhibits and Education Tools
Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located 6.71 km ESE of
and 6.71 km ESE of
: PO 1858-1969: in 1866 Turtle Creek was a farming community with approximately 35 families: Robert Mitton and Peter Jonah were mill owners here: in 1871 it had a population of 150: in 1898 Turtle Creek was a station on the Salisbury and Hillsborough Railway and had 1 post office and a population of 100: formerly called Fourche à Crapaud by Acadian settlers.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3743 x 2767 - 2.7 mb
Other communities within the vicinity of
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.
© Copyright 1998-2016
| 1276 users