Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located at the confluence of the Gaspereau and Salmon rivers, 5.38 km SE of Patterson
: Petersville Parish
, Queens County
: first called Gaspereau: PO Gaspereau
1854-1870: PO Gaspereau Station
1870-1923: in 1871 Gaspereau and surrounding district had a population of 600: in 1898 it was a flag station on the Canadian Pacific Railway and a settlement with 1 post office and a population of 40: renamed Wirral in 1923 for Wirral Peninsula, Merseyside County, England: PO Wirral
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3549 x 2738 - 1.3 mb