Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located 2.57 km E of Upper Keswick
: Douglas Parish
, York County
: first called Smiths Corner for J.E. Smith who kept a store at the corner: PO Burtts Corner
from 1892 with Elwood Burtt as the first postmaster: in 1898 Burtts Corner was a siding on the Canadian Pacific Railway and a settlement with 1 post office, 3 stores, 1 hotel, 1 sawmill and a population of 250.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.