Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on E side of the St. John River, 7.55 km E of Saint-François-de-Madawaska
, on the road to Caron Brook
: Clair Parish
, Madawaska County
: among the first settlers was Peter Clair (1817-1902), who was originally from County Clare, Ireland: PO Middle St. Francis
1867-1892: in 1871 it had a population of 60: renamed for <: PO Clair
from 1892: in 1898 Clair was a port of entry, a station, called Clair's Station, on the Témiscouata Railway and a community with 1 post office, 3 stores, 1 hotel, 1 sawmill, 1 church and a population of 200: Clair was incorporated as a village in 1966.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
2839 x 3948 - 3 mb