In September 1935, with requests for green farms flowing in, Father Allard wrote to newly-elected Liberal Premier Allison Dysart, asking that the province make 500 more lots available for settlement. Hundreds of young men who wished to marry and hundreds of homeless married men were still waiting for lots, Allard claimed. About the same time Allard also expressed his displeasure with the Dysart government's new regulation allowing licensees, usually rich lumbermen, to cut timber on settlers' lots over a three-year period. Allard was incensed by the introduction of this new policy, claiming that it would greatly restrict the settlers' ability to earn income from selling wood.
Father Allard received favourable responses to his letters. Within a few weeks, a survey of 100, 100-acre lots was ordered. A number of these lots were taken up by families from Shippagan and Caraquet. This area had suffered much as a result of the declining fishery, as well as from a disastrous fire the previous summer. Premier Dysart also outlined his new timber cutting policy to Father Allard, stating that it was his government's intention the colonists' be hired to cut the wood on their lots at a fair wage.
Also about this time, the provincial government offered the colonists additional money, in the form of bonuses, for land ploughed and brought under cultivation. The government also continued to supply the settlers with seed, and, with the assistance of federal government funds, offered families $4.07 worth of groceries four times a year.
In February 1936, the Hon. C. T. Richard, MLA for Gloucester County, reported to the delegates attending a colonization conference in Fredericton that much progress was being made in Gloucester County. Over the past two or three years, he noted, approximately 1,000 people, had been settled near Allardville. The settlement now consisted of Allardville proper, Allardville South, and Allardville East, which later was renamed Saint-Sauveur.