St. Peter's Lutheran Church
Although the Anglican Church had served the community for many years, a number of residents still wanted to worship in a Danish Lutheran Church. In November 1905 a meeting was called to organize a Lutheran congregation. The following year, the Rev. A. P. Hansen was installed as Pastor and 49 members were confirmed. The church building and parsonage were completed in 1917.
St. Peter's Lutheran Church was located directly across the main New Demark Road from St. Ansgar's. The Rev. Hansen and his successors conducted all worship services in the Danish language until 1940, when Sunday morning worship was in the English language once a month. In 1906 a Danish Ladies' Aid, Den Dankse Kvindeforening, was organized, and, similarly, Danish was the primary language spoken at group meetings. Visitors to St. Peter's Church today can still hear a hymn sung in Danish each Sunday morning, a tradition that links the congregation to a proud past.