P5-325 | Taylor, George Fonds
Economy » Wood Industry
Place : Boiestown
Date : c 1930
Richards Mill is located at the entrance of Burnt Brook in Boiestown. We see the shredding mill on the left, and the Richards & Gunter lumber mill on the right. Both plants were water-powered. Starting in the late 19th century, the lumber mill switched to steam power. The steam machine came from Boston and was bought in 1896 by Mr. Thompson and H. H. Gunter. The Richards Mill changed names around the mid-1900s, becoming the William Richards Company mill. This photo was taken circa 1930.
Note: Certain restrictions apply to the use of these images. Please consult our usage policy.