Provincial Archives of New Brunswick
Exhibits and Education Tools
Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Prince of Wales
Located 5.55 km ENE of
St. John County
: named for the Prince of Wales Regiment, which settled here in 1783 and for a visit by the Prince of Wales in 1860, who later became King EdwardVII: PO 1861-1948: in 1866 Prince of Wales was a farming and lumbering community with approximately 25 resident families: David Clarke was a mill owner here: in 1871 it had a population of 100: in 1898 Prince of Wales was a station on the Shore Line Railway with 1 post office, 1 church and schoolhouse and a population of about 100.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
2783 x 3909 - 2.4 mb
Other communities within the vicinity of
Five Fathom Hole
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.
© Copyright 1998-2018
| 2788 users