Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Nepisiguit Bay, 3.11 km SW of Stonehaven
, on the road to Janeville
: New Bandon Parish
, Gloucester County
: PO Clifton
1860-1969: in 1866 Clifton was a farming and fishing community with approximately 64 resident families: in 1871 it had a population of 200: in 1898 Clifton was a station on the Caraquet and Gulf Shore Railway with 1 post office, 2 stores, 1 hotel, 1 grindstone quarry, 2 churches and a population of 250: PO Clifton-Gloucester
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3821 x 2776 - 2.4 mb