Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located 3.93 km SSE of McKenzie Corner
: Richmond Parish
, Carleton County
: formerly known as Blairs Mills after Andrew Blair, surveyor and father of premier Andrew George Blair: renamed when the first post office was set up for George Debeck who was a settler and mill operator here in 1835: PO Debeck Station
1870-1875: the name was shortened in 1875: PO Debec
from 1875: in 1871 Debec was a station on the New Brunswick and Canada Railway: in 1898 Debec was a port of entry, a station on the Canadian Pacific Railway called Debec Junction and a settlement with 1 post office, 4 stores, 1 hotel, 1 sawmill, 2 churches and a population of 200.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3617 x 2730 - 2.4 mb