GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search   

home Introduction |  home Alphabetical Listing |  home County Listing |  home Indexes |  home Definitions


arrow Dipper Harbour
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Images
Bibliography
Located on the Bay of Fundy, 5.24 km E of Maces Bay: Musquash Parish, St. John County: named for a species of duck known as the bufflehead or dipper duck: PO 1855-1939: in 1866 Dipper Harbour was a fishing and farming community with about 23 resident families: in 1871 it had a post office, a church and a population of 200.

Latitude : 45° 6'

Longitude : 66° 25'

County : Saint John

Parish : Musquash

County location in province
---
SaintJohn

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
SaintJohn

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM163-1045
or download the full size version.
2825 x 3927 - 2.6 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Dipper Harbour West 1.31 270° W
Welch Cove 4.34 245° WSW
Little Lepreau 4.54 325° NW
Mace's Bay 4.54 325° NW
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.


4.10.8