Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located 6.09 km SSW of Dalhousie
: Dalhousie Parish
, Restigouche County
: PO Eel River
1861-1886: POEel River Crossing
from 1886: in 1898 Eel River Crossing was a station on the Intercolonial Railway and a farming and lumbering community with 1 post office, 3 stores, 1 hotel, 1 steam sawmill and shingle mill, 1 cheese factory, 1 church and a population of 500: included Millers Crossing or Miller Settlement: also included Stanmore: named for Arthur Charles Hamilton Gordon, 1st Baron Stanmore (1829-1912) and lieutenant-governor of New Brunswick from 1861-1866: PO 1896-1898: in 1904 Stanmore
was a settlement with a population of 25: Eel River Crossing was incorporated as a village in 1966.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
2830 x 3647 - 2.8 mb