GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search   

home Introduction |  home Alphabetical Listing |  home County Listing |  home Indexes |  home Definitions


arrow Gagetown
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Images
Bibliography
Located on Gagetown Creek, 3.88 km W of Lower Jemseg: Gagetown Parish, Queens County: formerly called Grimross: PO Gagetown from 1825: in 1866 Gagetown was a farming community with approximately 150 resident families, including 4 Cooper, 5 Deveber, 7 Fox and 7 McAllister families: in 1871 it had a population of 300: in 1898 Gagetown had 1 post office, 3 stores, 2 hotels, 1 sawmill, 2 carriage shops, 2 churches and a population of 300: Gagetown was incorporated as a village in 1966.

Latitude : 45° 47'

Longitude : 66° 9'

County : Queens

Parish : Gagetown

County location in province
---
Queens

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Queens

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM139-1392
or download the full size version.
3788 x 2728 - 2.8 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Scovil 2.26 145° SE
Jemseg Corner 3.88 90° E
Lower Jemseg 3.88 90° E
Mouth of Jemseg 3.88 90° E
Duck Creek 4.52 325° NW
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.


4.11.0