Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located 3.1 km SW of Selwood
: Balmoral Parish
, Restigouche County
: founded in 1856 and named for Balmoral Castle, the royal residence located near Braemar, Scotland: PO from 1875: in 1871 Balmoral had a population of 100: in 1898 Balmoral was a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 2 stores, 1 hotel, 2 saw and shingle mills, 1 grist mill, 1 church and a population of 500: Balmoral was incorporated as a village in 1972.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
2830 x 3647 - 2.8 mb