Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Salmon River, 3.83 km W of Bryants Corner
and 6.75 km NW of Grangeville
: Harcourt Parish
, Kent County
: first called Weldford and set up in 1869 when railway was constructed: PO Weldford
1871-1894: renamed Harcourt in 1894: PO Harcourt
from 1894: in 1871 Harcourt had a population of 150: in 1898 Harcourt was a station on the Intercolonial Railway and a farming and lumbering settlement with 7 stores, 2 hotels, 1 tannery, 1 sawmill, 1 hemlock bark extract factory, 1 carriage factory, 3 churches and a population of 250.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3621 x 2767 - 2 mb