Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Bay of Fundy, 7.53 km S of Lepreau
, on the road to Dipper Harbour West
: Lepreau Parish
, Charlotte County
: named for Benjamin Mace, who was a surgeon with the 22nd Regiment in the 1770's: included Old Ridge or The Ridge: in 1866 The Ridge was a farming settlement with 3 resident families: in 1871 The Ridge had a population of 30: PO Maces Bay
1855-1918: in 1866 Maces Bay was a farming, fishing and lumbering community with approximately 56 resident families: in 1871 it had a population of 100: in 1898 Maces Bay had 1 post office, 1 store, 1 church and a population of 150: included the community of Salkeld, which was named for John Salkeld, a Loyalist from Florida, who settled in the area in 1784: PO Salkeld
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
2825 x 3927 - 2.6 mb