Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Nashwaak River, 5.48 km ENE of à Fredericton
: Saint Marys Parish
, York County
: named by Alexander Gibson in 1866 for his wife: PO 1868-1964: in 1871 it had a population of about 300: Marysville was incorporated as a town in 1886: in 1898 Marysville was a station on the Canada Eastern Railway and a town with 1 post office, 2 stores, 1 hotel, 1 cotton mill, 2 sawmills, 1 shingle mill, 1 grist mill, 2 churches and a population of 2,000: Marysville amalgamated with the city of Fredericton in 1973.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3805 x 2776 - 2.7 mb