GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search   

home Introduction |  home Alphabetical Listing |  home County Listing |  home Indexes |  home Definitions


arrow McKees Mills
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Located 2.56 km W of Saint-Grégoire, on the road to Saint-François-de-Kent: Wellington Parish, Kent County: PO 1883-1955 with John McKee as the first postmaster: in 1898 McKees Mills was a siding on the Moncton and Buctouche Railway and a farming and lumbering settlement with 1 post office, 1 store, 1 sawmill, 1 grist mill and a population of 50.

Latitude : 46° 25'

Longitude : 64° 44'

County : Kent

Parish : Wellington

County location in province
---
Kent

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Kent

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM100-2469
or download the full size version.
3616 x 2749 - 2.1 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Saint-David 1.28 270° W
Saint-Grégoire 2.56 90° E
Dohertys Mills 2.56 90° E
Roy 3.84 270° W
Saint-Joseph-de-Kent 3.92 341° NNW
Champdoré 4.26 244° WSW
Bouctouche First Nation 4.5 325° NW
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.


4.10.9