Provincial Archives of New Brunswick
Exhibits and Education Tools
Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located 5.55 km WSW of
Prince of Wales
Saint John County
: included Ivanhoe and
1847-1969: in 1866 Musquash was a farming and lumbering community with about 54 resident families: J.E. Knight was a mill owner in the area: in 1871 Musquash had a population of 200: in 1904 Musquash was a sub-port of entry and a station on the New Brunswick Southern Railway with 1 post office, 9 stores, 1 church and a population of 200: included Clinchs Mills: PO 1872-1913 with Charles F. Clinch as first postmaster: in 1898 Clinchs Mills was a sub-port of entry and a farming and lumbering settlement SW of Musquash with 1 post office, 1 store, 1 church and a population of 40.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
2783 x 3909 - 2.4 mb
Other communities within the vicinity of
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.
© Copyright 1998-2019
| 600 users