Finance and Treasury Board
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick
Exhibits and Education Tools
Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located 2.26 km NW of
and 4.52 km SW of
: settled in 1830: the mineral Albertite was discovered here in 1849 by Peter Duffy and John Duffy: this mineral was exported to Boston: PO 1855-1959: in 1866 Albert Mines was a mining and farming community with about 56 families: John Byers was manager of the Albert Mines: in 1871 it had a population of 200: in 1898 Albert Mines had 1 post office, 2 stores, 2 sawmills, 1 church and a population of 200: included PO
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3760 x 2767 - 2.4 mb
Other communities within the vicinity of
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.
© Copyright 1998-2019
| 304 users