GNB
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick

Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present

Community name search   

home Introduction |  home Alphabetical Listing |  home County Listing |  home Indexes |  home Definitions


arrow Saint-François-de-Kent
Skip Navigation Links
Description
Located at the mouth of the Buctouche River, 3.16 km SE of Bouctouche: Wellington Parish, Kent County: first called Dixon's Point for the Dixon family who settled here about 1830: PO 1875-1892: in 1898 Dixon's Point was a community with a population of 60: renamed St-François-de-Kent in 1892: PO St-François-de-Kent 1892-1955: in 1898 St-François-de-Kent was a settlement with 1 post office and a population of 60: became part of Bouctouche.

Latitude : 46° 27'

Longitude : 64° 41'

County : Kent

Parish : Wellington

County location in province
---
Kent

County map showing parishes
---
+ Zoom in
Kent

Cadastral Maps
---
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.

+ Zoom in
GM100-3492
or download the full size version.
3616 x 2749 - 2.1 mb


Other communities within the vicinity of    

CommunityDistance (Kilometers)Bearing
Buctouche-Baie 2.25 35° NE
Buctouche-Sud 2.25 325° NW
Gailey 2.56 90° E
Saint-Thomas-de-Kent 2.56 90° E
Buctouche Bay 3.16 306° NW
Big Buctouche River 3.16 306° NW
Bouctouche 3.16 306° NW
Buctouche 3.16 306° NW
Saint-Jean-Baptiste 3.92 341° NNW
Ward Corner 3.92 161° SSE
Saint-Grégoire 3.92 199° SSW
Dohertys Mills 3.92 199° SSW
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.


4.10.9