Finance and Treasury Board
Provincial Archives of New Brunswick
Exhibits and Education Tools
Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located on the Madawaska River, 8.32 km NNW of
: founded around 1834 by Acadians and by Irish settlers and later occupied by French settlers: the first Post Office was called Silverstream: PO 1870-1902: in 1871 it had a population of 150: in 1898 Saint-Jacques was a flag station on the Témiscouata Railway and had 1 post office, 1 store, 1 sawmill, 1 church and a population of about 200: renamed in 1902: PO
from 1902: Saint-Jacques was incorporated as a village in 1966.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3769 x 2982 - 3.2 mb
Other communities within the vicinity of
* Distances and bearings were calculated by using the latitude and longitude of the community.
© Copyright 1998-2020
| 2758 users