Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Northumberland Strait, 2.56 km E of Saint-François-de-Kent
, on the coast road to Cormierville
: Wellington Parish
, Kent County
: the first post office was called Gailey: PO Gailey
1873-1892: renamed in 1892: PO St-Thomas-de-Kent
1892-1955: in 1898 Saint-Thomas-de-Kent was a farming and fishing settlement with 1 post office, 2 stores, 2 lobster factories and a population of about 200.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3616 x 2749 - 2.1 mb