Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Nepisiguit Bay, 3.74 km W of New Bandon
, on the road to Clifton
: New Bandon Parish
, Gloucester County
: named for the town of Stonehaven, Scotland: received additional settlers following the adoption of the Free Grants Act in 1879: PO 1886-1952: in 1898 Stonehaven was a flag station on the Caraquet and Gulf Shore Railway and a farming settlement with 1 post office, 1 store, 1 hotel, 1 grindstone quarry, 1 church and a population of 150.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3821 x 2776 - 2.4 mb