Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located at the confluence of the Black Brook and Restigouche River, 7.45 km E of Flatlands
, on the road to Atholville
: Addington Parish
, Restigouche County
: PO Head of Tide
1873-1920: in 1871 Head of Tide had a population of 125: in 1898 Head of Tide was a farming, lumbering and fishing community with a station called Moffats, 1 post office, 1 store, 1 church and a population of 150: PO Tide Head
from 1920: Tide Head was incorporated as a village in 1966.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3712 x 2734 - 3 mb