Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located at the confluence of the Meduxnekeag River and the St. John River, 5.35 km SW of Pembroke
: Woodstock Parish
, Carleton County
: named for the town of Woodstock, England or for the 3rd Duke of Portland, Viscount Woodstock: PO from 1830: in 1871 Woodstock had a population of 2,000: in 1898 it was a port of entry on the W side of the St. John River with 2 Canadian Pacific Railway stations and a community with 1 post office, 140 stores, 6 hotels, 3 foundries, 1 wrapper factory, 1 woollen mill, 3 sash and door factories, 4 sawmills, 2 tanneries, 4 carriage and wagon factories, 1 sash and lock factory, 1 canning factory, 7 churches and a population of 3,500: formerly known as The Creek and Meductic: Woodstock was incorporated as a town in 1856.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3617 x 2730 - 2.4 mb