Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on E side of the St. John River, 4.51 km NE of Grafton
, on the road to Lower Brighton
: Northampton Parish
, Carleton County
: established in 1873 when the Woodstock Branch was connected with the Gibson
line of the Canadian Pacific Railway: may have been called Junction Switch: PO Newburgh
1866-1891: in 1866 Newburgh was a farming community with approximately 7 families: PO Newburg Junction
1891-1957: in 1898 Newburg Junction was a station on the Canadian Pacific Railway and a settlement with 1 post office, 1 store, 1 church and a population of 150.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3694 x 2760 - 2.5 mb