Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located on the Bay of Fundy 12.14 km SW of Saint John
: Lancaster Parish
, St. John County
: first called Pisarinco: PO 1854-1902: in 1866 Pisarinco was a fishing, farming and lumbering community with approximately 60 resident families: in 1871 it had a population of 200: in 1898 Pisarinco had 1 post office, 1 store, 1 hotel, 3 churches and a population of 1,000: renamed Lorneville in 1902: PO Lorneville
1902-1968: today Lorneville is within the city of Saint John.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.