Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Community name search
Located on E side of the St. John River, 5.71 km NNW of Hartland
, on the road to Stickney
: Peel Parish
, Carleton County
: PO 1862-1969: in 1866 Peel was a farming and lumbering settlement with approximately 47 resident families: in 1871 it had a population of 100: in 1904 Peel was a flag station on the Canadian Pacific Railway and had 1 post office, 1 store, 1 sawmill, 1 carriage factory, 2 churches and a population of 150.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.