Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located on the Restigouche River, 4.16 km WSW of Campbellton
: Addington Parish
, Restigouche County
: named for Athol House built in 1796 by Robert Ferguson (1768-1851), a merchant and shipbuilder from the town of Blair Atholl in Scotland: Ferguson was called the "father and founder of the Restigouche": PO Shives Athol
1906-1929: PO Ferguson Manor
1915-1922: PO Atholville
from 1922: Atholville was incorporated as a village in 1966.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3712 x 2734 - 3 mb