Place Names of New Brunswick: Where is Home? New Brunswick Communities Past and Present
Introduction | Alphabetical Listing | County Listing | Indexes | Definitions
Located 3.91 km E of Renforth
and 12.89 km NNE of Saint John
city centre: Simonds Parish
, St. John County
: settled in 1819: formerly called Marks Settlement for William Marks, who was a settler at Marks Lake: PO Golden Grove Mills
1878-1922: PO Golden Grove
1885-1932: in 1898 Golden Grove was a fishing resort and a farming community with 1 post office, 1 woollen mill, 3 churches and a population of 350: now within the city of Saint John.
County location in province
County map showing parishes
New Brunswick cadastral maps show the basic features of the province along with the boundaries, lot number, and grantee’s name for land granted by the province. These maps are cumulative, showing all grants regardless of date.
the full size version.
3782 x 2794 - 2.6 mb